Wednesday, December 13, 2017

How to use "ATI Sapphire hd 2600 xt" with Windows 10

A long time ago I have bought "ATI Sapphire hd 2600 xt" video card, then I updated my Windows consequently till Windows 10, that changed drivers for my lovely video card to some "basic" with very low level resolution. AMD said that my card does not supported iin Win10 - http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Win10-Driver-Support.aspx ;( But it is really worked one year or more with Win10!!!

I think problem with some fresh windows update.

One way is uninstall needed. Some of them are "important" and can not be uninstalled via standard GUI. One good man found solution how to force it to do this - http://borncity.com/win/2016/10/21/windows-updates-fehlende-deinstallation-erzwingen/ Thank to him!

Another way - make Win10 works with  "ATI Sapphire hd 2600 xt". Good post with some other advices to revive legacy ATI video card - https://community.amd.com/thread/185041

I my case I made:
1)
"- Open the start menu and type cmd in the search box Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as administrator
- In the command window, type 
bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable
     
Reboot your computer"

2) Windows found needed driver and named video card correctly, but I still had low resolution on my screen. Then I go to video card driver and pres Roll back driver button - and it works!

After some another Windows Update session driver was rewrote again by some Microsoft basic driver.


  • I disabled Windows Update service
  • Downloaded Legacy AMD Catalyst™ Driver for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000 Series, run it, when it was unpacked close installation.
  • Went to folder with driver, in my case it is - C:\AMD\Support\13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc\Packages\Drivers\Display\W86A_INF
  • Right clicked on first *.inf file, choose Install. It was installed all driver from this file to system.
  • Go to Update driver for my ATI Radeon card > Browse my computer > Let me pick from a list of available driver ... > Choose ATI Radeon 2600 XT ...
  • Profit!



No comments:

Post a Comment